Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a pretty good song, baby, you know the rest

The best record of the summer came out today. The Gaslight Anthem's The '59 Sound. I, of course, have been heralding this record for months, and even though I've had it for a while now, I was very excited for this day to come. Still waiting on my vinyl. But no matter. The other day I started writing on why this is my favorite record of the year. I've just got to sit on it til the end of the year now.

The press reaction was something that I was also looking forward to. They're a dark horse. Beyond a dark horse. Nothing from Pitchfork. Figures. But the New York Times gave a good review. As did Punknews.org. Aside from that I was pretty disappointed, hopefully the word will spread.

Their myspace is giving a full stream of the record. Dig it.

No comments: